80'S To Mid 90'S Post-Apocalyptic - Mad Max Rip-Off Like Movie Where Rock N Roll Is Outlawed

I remember watching this on VHS. It was a Post-Apocalyptic movie that ripped off the style of Mad Max to the fullest. The Antagonist was a female warlord like lady that banned or “outlawed” rock music. The main character obviously didn’t like this and it caused trouble.

The only scene I remember is about halfway through the film where the protagonist was in the wasteland desert in a car which was buried. There may have been a second person with him, perhaps a female.

I watched this circa 2003 and it was already dated at that point. Any help whatsoever would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

can you remember anything else? i have been digging around using the female warlord trope and the banning of music and nothing so far…

1 Like

I am always glad to help, even when I fail. I will keep digging. I am thinking it could be one of those italian mad max ones…

1 Like

this seems way too short, but “styx: killroy was here”?

1 Like

How about Cherry 2000:

1 Like

when you say Mad Max style I get stuck on the Death Race 2000 movie and its sequals. I’m still digging though.

1 Like

gonna try these 2:
she wolves of the wasteland

america 3000

there is a famous filipino director that ripped off mad max a bunch, and a couple italian ones as well that I have run across. i am focusing on the female warlord currently…i vaguely remember something someone asked where a female made guys play a combat game to the death, could that be a part of it?

1 Like

Maybe Stryker?

1 Like

Here is a list on wiki with various post apocalyptic movies. I went through some I’m not seeing any that match exactly yet but want to share:

1 Like

There is so much of this bilge. Lets try this:

1 Like

Rock music is banned in this movie, maybe.

2 Likes