a movie about how things come to life in a house and save the house from burglars

It’s about two or three teenagers who are walking around and find a large house—the subject of strange rumors—belonging to an old man (I think there was a dog there too, though I’m not sure). The house was filled with antiques, and the old man wanted to sell the property and its contents. The objects inside the house come to life. Then, two burglars arrive posing as movers to rob the place. The teenagers somehow get inside and stay there—I think they wanted to scare the burglars off—and the house starts helping them. An armchair grabs one of the crooks and rolls him all over the house, and a Chinese dragon model scares the burglars away at the end. By the end of the movie, the old man decides to keep everything and not move. I saw the movie more than four or five years ago; it was either American or European.

1 Like