Animated movie, 80s or older, main chars being shrunk by magic, wood cabin in winter, rats with all-red eyes

I checked this film out on vhs when I was a child in the late 90s from my grocery store (lol, how times change) in the midwest united states. if i had to guess i would say that the animation was probably not originally american, but i cannot guarantee that.

the animation style itself was not cartoony at all, and definitely looked old to me even back then, which is why i put 80s or older in the title. the main character was a young girl. i want to say that the villain was a witch/wizard/sorceror, because the main characters get shrunk down by magic somewhere in the 2nd half and are immediately threatened by multiple rats.

that scene ( which is the only part i remember clearly) takes place inside a wooden log cabin with a fireplace. the cabin is in a forest and the setting is wintertime. the rats had all-red eyes, no pupils, and as a kid i know i found them to be pretty scary.

this has been haunting me for so long, but no matter where i look, i havent been able to find it, so please help me out if you can!

The Box of Delights (1984)?
It has some of what you described, although it’s live action with animation mixed in.

I checked it out, but this wasnt it

The Nutcracker Prince?