Black and white romantic comedy with a Witch

Please help me find this movie! I watched it once over 10 years ago and have only a faint memory, but I loved it dearly and would love to watch it again.

It’s an American romantic comedy in black and white with one main couple. One of the characters had just moved to the big city and was adapting to the new life, looking for a job, and falling in love with the other character. I don’t remember clearly if it was the woman or the man, but I think it was the woman. I think she comes to the big city chasing her dreams and she keeps in touch with her family. She meets the man and they fall in love with many misunterstandings.

There is an old woman who is the building concierge and during the movie we discover she’s a witch.
In the end there’s an amusing confusion with people running after each other. I think there are suitcases involved. And cars. Something like that.

That’s all I have. I hope this vague description rings a bell for someone.

1 Like

how old do you think the movie is? if it is a newer b&w romantic movie, say last 30 years, it should be fairly simple for me to find

1 Like

Oh no, I’d say the movie is from the 1940s or 1950s!

1 Like

I Married a Witch (1942)?

1 Like

No… As far as I remember, only the old woman is a witch, not the main character!

1 Like

Do you remember what the witch did (which magic she performed in the film)?

1 Like