Early 90'S Vampire Priest Film At A Monastery

Film from the early 90’s, I believe, where a priest at a monastery in (Mexico?) is bitten by a vampire but then refuses to feed on others. There is a bad vampire who feeds on the nuns. The good vampire priest guy finds a woman and falls in love with her but keeps the fact that he is a vampire from her. The bad vampire grows jealous of his friend falling away from him and eventually bites the woman so that he can have them all come together as a group of the same. This causes the good vampire to track down and kill the bad vampire. There is also a scene where they show a woman being burned at the stake on a hillside I believe. That’s about all I remember except that it looks like it took place before the 1900’s and it was definitely hot and took place in the desert.

2 Likes

Could it possibly be this one? It’s more obscure, it does have a girl burning at the end, monastery, vampires…

1 Like

Could it be “Priest (2011)”

2 Likes

90s Vampires?

3 Likes

we are for sure priest was a known vampire and it is at a monastery? just trying to narrow my searches on imdb. could it be early 2ks at all?

2 Likes

Could it be The Laughing Dead from 1989?

2 Likes

Not vampires, but maybe this:

3 Likes

does anyone remember when exactly they saw it and where? did it mix current day and the old times? do you remember the cover or poster? nudity?

1 Like

i am half thinking it may not be vampires but maybe another entity… let us try

meridian

1 Like

black sunday?

i am digging hard again…several possibilities to come

2 Likes

midnight mass?

could the film have any cars/modern stuff in it?

1 Like

This sounds so much like Interview with the Vampire. But protagonist isn’t priest. Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994) - IMDb

1 Like

ghouls (2017)?
i know this is newer, but has tons of the hallmarks you described…was dubbed in english too

https://www.reddit.com/r/HorrorReviewed/comments/bwhqoo/ghouls_2017_vampire/

1 Like

the monk

seriously, this might be it

3 Likes

@VHS_Lives, Apparently you can only put 10 comments in one post. But I am right there with you lol. It’s driving me nuts. I would say that if the genre isn’t horror it would be drama or thriller. Definitely a slower paced film with only really the main 3 actors speaking and the other extras are the nuns/missionaries that don’t speak English. There are also some people at the burning at the stake on the hill but I don’t recall them speaking in English either. The film takes place mostly in various rooms in the monastery and now that I think about it, here is a good detail. I remember the evil vampire hanging out in some sort of cave like tunnels toward the end of the film. If I recall that is where the protagonist kills him (Don’t quote me on that last part).

Maybe one of the Subspecies?