False start: woman steals money and escapes but the boat sinks

The movie starts like this: A woman works at a bank and plans to steal the money from the vault. Then she does and leaves the country on a ship, planning to start a new life somewhere far away. But the boat sinks. Then come the opening credits, and this opening story had nothing to do with the actual movie.

I remember I was a little disappointed because the woman’s escape story was interesting and then it just ended so soon. But you could expect it can’t be the main story because the concept of the actual movie was about something completely different.

Is this some classic, like a Hitchcock film? Why do I think of Godzilla? Does some Godzilla movie start like this? Or was it some cop/crime thriller? I don’t even remember what kind of movie it was. I feel stupid for not remembering more than this even though it’s wasn’t long ago since I saw it. Maybe a little bit over a year ago.

Not quite sure about the time this was produced or directed but, have you tried Alfred Hitchcock’s classic film “North by Northwest” (1959)?