French or English film in France, early 2000?

Hello.
I’m brand new here and I have a question about a movie I can’t remember the name of. But if I tell you a little about it, maybe one of you will know which one it is, because I’d love to see it again.

I saw this movie about 10-15 years ago, and I guess the movie was made in the late 90s or first half of the 2000s.

I think the movie is French, but it could be English or English/French. The movie is set in the south of France (Provence I think), and what I’m going to tell you what I believe is the opening scene, or at least at the beginning of the movie.

An Englishman, approx: 40 years old, is in a small town in the south of France as a tourist. He is walking in the city and looking around, when it starts to rain. Seeking shelter from the rain, he rushes into the first store he passes, which happens to be a real estate agency that sells houses.

When he enters the store, the female clerk asks if there is anything he needs help with, and to avoid admitting that he only entered the store to seek shelter from the rain, he says that he is interested in buying a house.

The woman presents a couple of objects, and he pretends to be interested. When the woman also makes an appointment for him to show the house, he doesn’t have the courage to say no.

So, this movie develops into a romance between this man and woman eventually. I don’t remember more than that, but I do remember liking it a lot.

Anyone know what movie I mean?

Greetings/
MrFilm

1 Like

A Good Year?

2 Likes

Thank you, but no, It´s not the film I´m looking for. I´ve been looking for this film a long time, and have been looking for films set in Provence during the ap. years this film was made, over and over again and come up with nothing… I don´t believe the main male character was an A-list actor, and the film was probably flying under the radar, since I haven´t come across it since I saw it.
Anyway, thanks again for your effort, keep ´em coming, sooner or later we´ll get a hit!
Regards/
MrFilm

2 Likes

Thank you. Thats a really good tip. I also use the Yandex browser which gives me different suggestions than Google.

2 Likes