Help to name a movie

Hi, I watched a sci fi movie a few years ago now. It was either on Satelite TV (Sky) or streaming.
It began in an overseas house (could be US or Australia) and had a phone ringing at the beginning of the movie. And again at the end (see below)

The movie was great and i can recall that on many sites there were great reviews of it and chat about a sequel as the ending perfectly set it up for that. It was potentially screened between 2015 and 2018
I vaguely recall the ending of the movie almost replicated the beginning scene, but extended it to the residential house getting raided by several people.
I vaguely recall it that the opening scene made no sense but the end scene made it all make sense.
I also recall i think, parallel world and or time travel were involved

I will know it if i get told the title, or someone recognises the plot outline and one of the actors. It wasnā€™t a big movie, more like a low to mid budget TV movie, but at the time after watching i remember looking online and lots of people raved about what a great movie it was.

Itā€™s been driving me mad trying to remember the title. As i would like to watch it again

HELP ME PLEASE

1 Like

Possibly Coherence (2013)?

Hi Thanks so much, i had already ruled that one out. It doesnt sound familar, and the phone ringing was a house land line phone

I think thatā€™s Primer. Hereā€™s the opening scene:

1 Like

Thanks but thatā€™s not the one.
The phone is on a table and just rings. And itā€™s in a house.

I think at the begining of the movie itā€™s the person ringing themselves to try and warn them of something, canā€™t remember if they answering it or not. But at the end of tje movie the people try and come to the house to capture the person. Bit of course that hasnā€™t happened yet. So itā€™s like a time loop time travel type thing so all makes sense at the end but not at the beginning

Iā€™ve been searching for this movie for a few years now.

Hi, Iā€™ve just posted a question re a sci-fi movie I would love to know the name of, like the film youā€™re looking for, about 2018, parallel worldsā€¦ you mentioned a phone ringing and maybe yeah there was a phone in the movie Iā€™m trying to remember. Take a look at my question, do the things I mention happen in the film youā€™re looking forā€¦ are we searching for the same movie!.. strange if we are and post one after the other!!

1 Like

Thanks so much
Its not the same movie. Sounds sort of vaguely similar but not the same
My one was us or australian, and all i can remember is the phone ringing at the beginning and at the end but you can see the phone. and then the repeat of the scene at the end with the house getting raided/visited. And the parallel world theme that i can vaguely recall

And at the end it all sort of makes sense, and on all the film review sites people were saying oh i loved it, and itā€™s perfectly set up for a sequel.

I thought maybe someoene on this site may recall it, maybe. i hope so

1 Like

Try Predestination 2014.

Thanks but definitely not that, this was more of a lower budget than that movie

It could be ARQ, but that wasnā€™t as well received as Primer. It doesnā€™t have a phone ringing scene, but it does have the raiding:

Thank you but itā€™s not that one.

Iā€™ll know it as soon as I see it or see bits from it.

There was a lot online about it including rave reviews
I wonder if my streaming history can be found anywhere

Itā€™s driving me mad trying to find it

If you remember any other details about the film, that might help us out.
How many (main) actors, their genders, what happened in the plot besides the phone call and the raid, where did the action take place, etc.

From what limited info I can remember it was a parallel world, parallel timeline plot. Time travel type plot

From
What I remember there were no main a list actors in it , it was almost like a tv/streaming made movie.

As I have mentioned it was either set in USA more likely or Australia but I think the usa

I havenā€™t seen anything of it on streaming channels or sky.

If there are lovers of sci fi movies on this forum I was hoping someone recognised something.
As Iā€™ve already mentioned after watching I found quite a few really positive reviews and talk of the movie being ideal for a sequel

Iā€™ve been trying to locate this movie for several years now and almost given up. Iā€™m hoping one day it will just come online or on sky

1 Like

Ok, letā€™s try this one then. Thereā€™s a landline phone in the trailer and itā€™s about time travel / parallel worlds:

Thank you but it has no horror element to it.

Iā€™ve almost given up on finding it sadly . Unless it comes on stream or on satellite again I donā€™t think the mystery will be solved

If anyone can help i would appreciate it

1 Like

The Call (2013), but its from south Korea.
ā€œThe Butterfly Effectā€ (2004).
That is the best I can do for now, but donā€™t give up. Keep refreshing your post as some of these experts are really good at searching.

1 Like

Thanks so much, its not The Call, its certainly USA or Australian
And not Butterfly Effect.

The only memories i have is the phone ringing and the end scene which is an extension of the opening scene where men are on their way to the house for some reason and the phone ringing to warn the occupant of the house they are on their way . Its more a B movie, for TV. No famous actors from what recall.
Another piece of info is at the time i also watched another of a similar premise called The Gateway, with a similar type cinematography and acting standard

Still trying to find this movie. Merry Christmas one and all

Alright! One Last Try from me. This movie has a phone ringing in the beginning and at the end of the movie, and it has a horror element to it. Someone gives themselves a call that only makes sense in the closing scene. Itā€™s also a bit of a long shot because I donā€™t remember a raid when I saw it, but everything else checks out.

ā€œNo Escape Roomā€ 2018.