ID this film by a clip: a tortured woman is wearing a mask with fake eyes on it in a cursed circus with dead animals lying around

Clips from this film were shown at a Reutoff concert in Zugzwang. Here is the recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im2_eFC9S78

I tried searching the Internet for the phrases on the screen (EACH DAY IS A DRIVE TO CIRKUS [2:18-2:31] and HIMMEL [5:03]), but could not find anything. I tried searching pretty much every frame of this in reverse image search (Yandex, Google, Bing, Tineye, Sogou), but found no matches.

Here are some more frames

On those frames, we can see:

• a tortured woman wearing a mask
  • she’s in a room with a tripod
  • KODAK 5052 TMX film, Alamy stock footage watermark, HIMMEL
  • dead animals
  • amusement park
  • little kids

I’ve been obsessed with this film ever since I saw the clips. It appears to be packed with symbolism (evil innocence, a juxtaposition of innocent children with something horrific being recorded on film, a mask obscuring the eyes possibly indicating censorship, the skull of a horse as the symbol of death next to horse carousels at an amusement park, etc).

Reutoff uses clips from all over in their concerts. There was a music video for Thee Maldoror Kollective, some old Soviet films, the cursed tape from the Ring, work by Jan Švankmajer, etc. It could be from anywhere.

It reminds me a lot of Japanese cyberpunk (Shinya Tsukamoto and Shozin Fukui and their films Tetsuo and 964 Pinnochio). The wires coming off the mask with the eyes on the woman look a lot like the cables tethering Tomorô Taguchi to the mind-controlling device in Tetsuo 2.

If you have any ideas for where to look for this, please share them. I really appreciate and need all the help I can get with this.

2 Likes