Movie about rich people, mysterious building and VHS tape

My friend looks for a movie. Probably late 70s / 80s to 1990. The plot such a bit in the convention of Poirot or “Killed to Death.” Several strangers are invited to some sort of party on the top floor of a massive hotel. A typical American apartment for the rich people (like from the TV series “Dynasty.”). Naturally, the host does not show up, and as it turns out the apartment becomes a trap.
The heroes by means of deduction come to an explanation of the situation, what connects them to the mysterious host. I remember that they watched some video on VHS video cassette, which gave them some suspicions. One of the main characters was played, I think, by a mustachioed man typical of the for the 80’s (Reynolds, Selleck type), probably.

1 Like

“Ein Unbekannter rechnet ab” (1974), also known as “Ten Little Indians”?

Quote from the IMDb synopsis:
“A group is invited, under false pretenses, to an isolated hotel in the Iranian desert. After dinner, a cassette tape accuses them all of crimes that they have gotten away with. One by one they begin to die, in accordance to the Ten Little Indians nursery rhyme.”

1 Like