Movie About The Prohibition Of Music

Hi. I’m looking a movie that i saw on tv when i was a kid. it could be made either in the late 80s or the 90s (that’s for sure). I’m not sure if it was american or british but the movie was an historycal type (it took place in a british small town in the 7th century). I don’t remeber the cast but the plot was very particular and unusual.

The music (in all of his forms) was prohibited and punished by the local authorities. The main character was a girl of 9 years old. The movie opens with that girl running down a stone sidewalk, and then, one neighbor yells at her: “Watch out young lady, the way you’re running with those boots it almost make it sounds like music” (The dialogue might not be exactly as I remember it). I don’t remember any much of it.

At one point, the girl meets a women who looks like a witch and everyone in that town tries to avoy at all cost (probably cause she was a musician secretly). I’m not really sure but i think the movie (spoilers) ends with that women going to some kinda church and showing the whole town what music really is. Anyway I’ll be very grateful if someone could give me any kind of information on this subject. Thanks

1 Like

Is it this?

2 Likes