Movie where a guy beats up a T.V. then punches another guy's head off when he starts laughing at him?

I only caught a glimpse of this movie when I was maybe 6 or 7 years old (now 40 years older!). I don’t know the name or the actors or anything else about this film. But I do remember that, as the guy beat up the T.V., a woman on the screen (news reporter?) kept repeating the word “information” over and over again, because the T.V. picture and sound was skipping. A group of people stood watching as, iirc, the shirtless man continued attacking this T.V. Then, a guy in that group started laughing at the T.V. attacker, presumably causing the T.V.-attacker to get mad and punch the other guy, which took his head off!

The only other info I can offer is that I saw this probably on a cable channel, at night, in the first half of the 1980s. So it was probably a rated R movie (for those who don’t recall: the movie warnings of that time used to state that rated R movies would only be shown at night). Also, the guy beating up the T.V. looked fairly young, if I recall.

May be Videodrome (1983)?

Found it! I knew it existed! It’s the Sender (1982). I found it while watching a movie review on YouTube, which can be found in the link below. The specific part I remember starts at 5:20…