Name of a sci-fi movie

Saw this sci-fi movie on Prime, think it was 2018 and it was a fairly recent looking movie, probably no more than 5 years old, maybe came out 2016/17, good cast but no big names, have no idea of any of their names… maybe an international cast.

Part of what it is about, a group of individuals living their own separate lives, but able to watch moments of the others lives as some characters on TV shows… so to them they are not real, just a character on a fictional tv show. I think one of the characters was a paramedic/ambulance driver, another was a police officer of some kind.

2 moments that might help identify this movie:

One of these individuals sitting at home, on sofa, falls asleep and when wakes, sees this TV character/actor on their tv screen and is able to communicate… so it’s like two dimensions meeting each other.

Secondly, there’s a scene where an individual enters a building and comes across a room with a typewriter, running on its own, making these plots and storylines and dialogue, and also therefore the power to intervene, alter and rewrite what is happening to the other individuals is there… something along those lines was possible.

I don’t know the names of any cast, characters, film studio, etc, haven’t got a clue… this is not a big box office movie, but was a really good, unexpected Sci-fi film would love to watch again.

1 Like
3 Likes

I think a lot of us desperately try and find the name of a movie using all these sites you enter keywords for some search engine to spew out film after film that ain’t it!.. and often we have vague memories anyway, just a fond memory… I’ve gone down list after list of sci-fi movies and got to the point of thinking oh well probably never get to see that movie ever again… so you can’t beat a site like this, with human experts!.. I can’t believe it, within 24 hours that elusive title is revealed… all I can say is thank you so much!.. I’ll definitely be recommending this site and I know the annoyance of not being able to get your hands on that film you want to watch again, so I’ll be checking out other people’s questions… great to solve others mysteries!

Thanks pori :slight_smile:

3 Likes