Need Help Figuring out this Movie

Hello Everyone,

I hope someone can help me figure out the title to this movie, I watched on Cinemax back in the 90’s and the only parts I remember are listed below:

*The main character plays kind of a has been actor and no one likes him because he thinks he’s great and treats everyone like crap. The only thing he truly loves is his dog (a golden retriever I think)

*The dog dies and he spirals into depression and he ends up dying somehow and goes to heaven and while he is being judged his dog comes forward on his behalf to prove he can show love and he is given a second chance and is sent back to earth

*I remember at one point he get a job as a Celebrity “Look alike” pretending to be himself to make money.

*In another scene the main actor is auditioning for a commercial and they asking him to pretend to be a certain animal (I can’t remember which one) and he can’t do it but he says he can do a rooster and he pretends to be a rooster, and they excuse him from the audition.

I know this isn’t a lot to go on but I hope it’s enough.

Thank you for any help!

1 Like

OMG! I have been trying to find this movie for years and in less than 48 hours on filmfind I have my answer. Thank you Very Much…Now I am off to ebay to buy the DVD!

2 Likes

Another Chance 1988?

2 Likes