Old movie about children stranded somewhere after an air balloon left off

Hi, I am looking for an old (children?) movie I once saw when I was a little bit too young to watch it :slight_smile: .
I remember the children (or teenagers) in the movie enter the basket of a hot air balloon that suddenly lifts off, leaving their frightened parents behind. After a while they land/crash somewhere in a jungle or a deserted island. They go on a journey and meet all kinds of scary things. I’m not sure if there were people, but I do remember giant spiders. I think the movie ends with them being saved or being able to lift off again with their balloon.
I was 10 years old in 1995. I’ve seen the movie on television or VHS, so it can be older than that.

1 Like

pirates island?

pippi longstocking hand some hot air balloon adventures

1 Like

Thank you! I think it is indeed Pirates Island!
I stumbled on the movie when doing my research before posting here, but I didn’t believe it at first. Strange that I do remember spiders but don’t recall any pirates.
But after your reply, I started looking for a trailer. I didn’t find anything, but I did find a dodgy summary focusing only on the 18 yo main character. And I recognize the balloon and… the spider web. Thanks again!

1 Like

glad that is it. it seems the movie is classified as “lost media” as people have been looking for the original dub for years and though a company hold the rights they want an exorbenant amount for it sadly. a couple russian/polish dubs exist people found

1 Like