Sci-fi movie/series about people being mind-controlled

Hi, for this one, I have even less information, it may even be a TV series episode or even from two different episodes.

I watched this when I was in elementary school, so it must be from the 90’s or 2000’s, 2008 max. I have never watched X-Files in that time so I wouldn’t know but when I checked the series a few years back, the tone and atmosphere of not knowing exactly what we’re facing seemed to have been present in the thing I’ve seen. What I’ve seen was a bit gritty, horror-like, mysterious.

I remember two scenes, maybe they aren’t connected.

The first one was something about flies, the flies are indication of a malevolent presence, I remember a character looking at a phone covered in flies and thinking that the threat was close or something.
(I caught the episode out of nowhere on TV and I must have told myself that the flies were because of aliens but maybe I’m wrong)

The second scene was about a group of people being hypnotized or mind-controlled into going somewhere and the children/teenagers seemed to not be affected by it and they can’t pull them out of their trance. And then at one point, the teenagers find the adults waiting inside a yellow school bus itself in a big hangar or garage, and they succeed in moving one adult they trust the most out of trance and then they manage to wake everyone up.
(Again, I must have associated the two scenes and I told myself that they were mind-controlled by aliens but I may be wrong too.)

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Like

Black mirror? It is a series, and has episodes where people is mind controlled

1 Like

Twilight Zone perhaps? There’s several remakes since the original by Rod Serling.

1 Like

Could it be “Disturbing Behavior”?

1 Like

Or perhaps “The Puppet Masters”?

1 Like

There’s an episode of the X-Files about killer bugs

1 Like

The flies remind me of possibly “miracles”

1 Like