Skateboarding movie

Hi. Again a movie I watched when I was in primary school, so its release date must be 2008 max, plus the movie in my memory seems to have 90’s or early 2000’s vibes, maybe late 80’s, but don’t take my word for that.

I remember just a few scenes at the start of the movie, I think. I’m saying our protagonists might be a team but maybe it’s mainly one protagonist.

So we follow these dudes who love skateboarding and they got themselves a new type of wheel - there was an emphasis on those wheels, I’m sure of that - these wheels are yellowish-orange and I think they allow the skateboarder to steer a little while skateboarding, I don’t know anything about skateboarding so I don’t know if that’s possible or even if that type of wheel are allowed in competitions so I always thought they might be a team of cheaters.

I believe there’s one scene where the hero teaches skateboarding to his girlfriend, he’s sticking right behind her so she doesn’t fall off the board and hurt herself, and she watched them steer with the new wheels so she asks, “How were you able to do that?” But then maybe she asks that about any tricks they must have done.

Then I believe they find a manager/agent or something, a guy who’s been in this business and he’s clearly a bit shady, even greasy I’d say because of a scene we see later. The manager is able to get them to an open competition or something like that - maybe it’s a show where anyone can participate in and they’re just there to show their skateboarding skills - and the manager bribes the guard who’s holding a great many people out to let him and the protagonists in, and then - and that’s the one shot I’m sure I’ve seen in detail, it’s not so important in the movie yet I think that’s a good way to find it - the guard checks the roll of cash and discovers they’re fake, they’re only printed on one side and the guard swears.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 Like

“Lords of Dowgtown” (2005)?

This movie is about skateboarding teens.
Quote from the movie’s below Wikipedia page:
" One day, Skip is given polyurethane wheels for the skateboards in his shop, Zephyr Surf Shop."

1 Like