The Stranger 1999 Movie

Aight, technically, this is not a “help me find this movie” question, but it’s a question about a movie that’s hard to find information on beside the “a woman’s life becomes a nightmare as a stranger comes into her life” or something. I’ve heard somebody refer to it like a take on “A Dollhouse” (the play from the Victorian Era) but honestly, idk.

I have a health issue that makes my heart go nYOOOM and then goop boop instead of boop goop if I don’t look up basic plot and sensitivity spoilers for a media I’m watching. (so you can see why a thriller would therefore need me to really look this up.) I assure you that this does not impede my enjoyment, or sudden shock value of watching something for the first time.

It’s for my health.

So if anybody has any more plot information about this movie, so that I may decide if I wish to watch it, I’d be very happy. (It has an actor I like. So…) Anyway, thank you for your help.

There’s a lot of movies with that title.

From 1999, with Michael Otis

From 2000, with William Atherton

Which one are you talking about? Based on your short description, the second one?

1 Like

Just found a third one. From Austria, the german name is “Die Fremde”, which translates into The Stranger, also from 2000.

You mention the movie you’re looking for has an actor you like. I hope you can narrow down the one you’re looking for.

1 Like