What is this movie!?

I don’t think it’s a very well known film. Probably one of those low budget horror movies you never hear about. But basically all I can remember about the plot of the movie is that there’s a man and a women, let’s just call the man “Mike” and the woman “Jane” for the sake of convenience, and I do believe Mike and Jane are a couple. So I believe the movie starts with Mike and Jane in a car at night driving. They notice a man with injuries on his face I think? They get him in the car to help him. Then a bunch of stuff happens. Probably bad stuff because this is like a horror or thriller or something. I don’t remember much about the middle of the film but I’m pretty sure the movie ends with Mike talking to Jane and Jane is holding a gun (she’s not pointing it at Mike, she just got possession of it from earlier in the movie). Mike has to go somewhere so he leaves Jane where she is with the intention of coming back but as he leaves, he hears a gunshot (implying Jane killed herself or got shot or whatever). Mike continues to go where he’s going but as he does, a bunch of locusts attack him? Not sure if it was locusts, specifically, but it was some kind of bug and they like, eat the skin or flesh off his face leaving him very wounded. After that, a car comes around with a man and a woman and picks Mike up to help him. And it ends with Mike in the car all wounded and it’s like a big plot twist. Like, “Oh! The injured guy from the beginning of the film! Mike is now that guy and the couple that picked him up is the new Mike and Jane!” And it’s like a loop and the big twist ending of the film, like it all restarts or whatever. That’s all I can remember. The film definitely came out after the year 2000 because that’s when I was born and before the year 2016 because that’s the year I moved into my new house. I have some vague memories about the film being called “Pitch Black” but when I look that up I just get the film with Vin Diesel and that’s definitely not it. If by some chance anyone knows this film, I would very much appreciate it if you informed me of the name. Thank you!

1 Like

dark country

1 Like