What movie? Scene transitions into pencil drawing

It’s something i watched on tv back in the 80s. It could be a cinematic release, a made for tv movie or even a tv series. My memories are vague on the details. I can remember, if memory serves, that the color palette makes it look like something from the 50s or 60s but it could also be from the 80s.

I don’t remember the plot of the movie but it could be either an indiana jones-like jungle adventure or a western. The only clear thing I remember, and the one thing that bugs me to want to find this movie is the ending. At the end, the main character somehow clumsily tripped and found himself hanging from a cliff’s edge desperately trying to pull himself up. The entire scene then transitions into a pencil sketch which shows our protagonist dangling from the cliff and lo and behold far far below is a ravine with several hungry crocodiles. I guess they ran out of budget for real crocodiles.

In any case that’s all I remember. Not much to go on I know, and I have scoured the internet with this limited info. It may be a US, European or even an Asian production. One thing’s for sure: it is not Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom.

Sorry Carlos.

Should have added Romancing the Stone to Temple of Doom at the end of the paragraph as the most obvious movies which is not the one I’m looking for.

Thanks very much for taking a guess. I know it’s quite difficult with the vague info but I watched this so very long ago when I was just a wee kid.

The only clear memory that keeps on bugging me and which is the main reason why I want to find the name of the movie is that ending which transitions into a pencil sketch/drawing. Usually most movies are the other way round, at the beginning, where a drawing or sketch transitions into live action.

This one I remember distinctly is the other way round.

1 Like

That’s fine, don’t worry. Anything on this list ring a bell?

2 Likes

This is actually one of the earliest lists I’ve gone through when scouring the internet for any information I can gather on the movie.

The only closest thing I could find is The Charge of the Light Brigade (1968) where the ending changes from live action to sketch, but not the sketch I was looking for.

Still, there’s no harm in going through it again just in case I missed something the first time around.

Thanks again Carlos!

1 Like

Let’s start the guessing with “Romancing the Stone”, which has Indiana Jones type characters and crocodiles (albeit not pencil sketched ones):