What's the name of a old war movie

Hi,
I’ll really appreciate the help.
In Bulgaria the movie was aired by the name “The Plane Fortress” - Obviously not the real one. The story started like a spaghetti western. The guys robbed a bank (or tried to). Then they were send to Europe to fight (I guess WW2). There they get into a very funky fly fly group. The Germans had a secret project - A Flying Fortress - Very big Zeppelin. I remember that there were guns from the crosses in the blimp section. Our guys at one point even landed on the top of the zeppelin and spoke with German commander that they will blow the zeppelin with dynamite. In the end there was a big air battle. There was this moment that the chief of the group was shot down by ripping his wings and he deployed retractable… wings from his plane and crashed the zeppelin by his plane.

2 Likes

“Sky Bandits” (1986), also known as “Gunbus”

Quote from the below Wikipedia page of the movie:
“Caught after a series of dynamite-fuelled bank robberies in the dying days of the Old West, Barney (Scott McGinnis) and Luke (Jeff Osterhage) are forced into conscription in a US unit being sent to the trenches in France in the middle of World War One.
“They succeed in flying the plane, getting lost and briefly glimpsing a huge experimental German airship hidden in the clouds.”

You can find a detailed plot description here:

1 Like